Etiquette is such a big piece of my collegiate and corporate programs, but admittedly I’m surprised that in 2022 dress remains such a hot topic. One would think that we would know by now HOW to dress professionally, wouldn’t we? Especially for an interview!
I am passionate about GenZ and love each opportunity I’m afforded (and invited) to impart a few recommendations and thoughts in my collegiate program.
And with the work-from-home model, dress has become quite the conundrum!
So for fun, the following is a quick list of questions to test your fashion and self-presentation knowledge:
- From which angle are you viewed 40% more often?
- What are the two areas of grooming first noticed?
- What is the correct sock length for men – or socks…who needs them!
- Is it okay for women to wear sleeveless outfits for the interview?
- Are ties necessary for men in an interview, and what is the correct length?
- Does a man’s belt need to match his shoes?
- What kind of fragrance is acceptable for men and women in an interview?
- What is the best professional bag (canvas bag, handbag, urban satchel, backpack) to carry your resume?
- Do I need to be as dressed up as in person for the virtual interview?
- Is a suit necessary if where I’m interviewing is business casual?