And by the way, 2021 didn’t turn out quite the way we thought (hoped) it would…am I right?
As we tiptoe into this new year, no doubt we are feeling a little uncertain as to how things will unfold, given the current pandemic landscape. Last year we needed to buckle up because it was a constant roller coaster ride of ups and downs.
But here are a few of my positive takeaways from 2021…
- my resilience was tested, and I came out on top
- I practiced my patience and learned to pause
- due to lack of business traveling, I had time to develop oodles of new soft skills programs
- gratitude became more of a daily focus as I consistently pushed negativity away…far away
- my webinars were embraced, replacing (temporarily) in-person, on-site training
- I found new ways to connect and stay in touch and discovered how isolated many people have felt
- I practiced mindfulness and made calm my new superpower
- my optimism grew even stronger, much to the chagrin of some people – no, not everyone likes my positivity
- I was encouraged by the human spirit that came together during the countless tragedies
- the power of the expression “we’re all in this together” brought us closer together as we shared our stories
So, yes, 2022, we are ready for you…bring it on!